How To Know When It’s Time for a Website Overhaul
Consider these critical indicators in determining whether it’s time for a website overhaul:
1) Your Website Is Not Mobile-Friendly
More than ever, people are using their smartphones and other mobile devices to connect to the internet. Accordingly, you need to make certain that your website is compatible with a variety of screen sizes without undermining the quality and layout of your site.
The overall appearance of your website on mobile should be congruent with the desktop version to guarantee that customers are capable of accessing links and navigating the page from their tablets or smartphones.
Having a website that isn’t optimized for different screens can adversely affect your search engine rankings, since Google prioritizes responsive websites in their search results.
If you haven’t already configured your website to function the same on mobile and tablet device screens, you should modernize the design of your website without delay.
2) Antiquated Content & Lackluster Visuals
No matter what type of business you’re operating, your website needs to have an inviting visual design. Mismatched fonts and out-of-date imagery and content can make your website seem unappealing to customers. Revamping your website aesthetic can give you an edge over your competitors.
When assessing the present design of your website, ask yourself these key questions:
- Are the images displayed on your site an accurate visual representation of your brand? Poor-quality, stretched, or run-of-the-mill stock photos are a dead giveaway that you’re ready for a redesign.
- Is your website content easy to read and comprehend? It’s critical for your viewers’ overall experience to achieve the proper balance of text, background, and visuals.
- Is your website too cluttered and disorderly? Having incongruous fonts, lengthy paragraphs, or compressed photos can make it hard for viewers to navigate your site.
3) Invalid, Inaccurate, or Irrelevant Content
Do you really want to occupy “prime real estate” on your website with content of little worth to your brand or the message you’re trying to convey? Your content should clearly communicate what your business is about: its core principles, the products and services you offer, and how to get in touch with you. Here are a few clues that your content might need to be refreshed:
- There are products/services listed on your site that are no longer offered.
- Your most recent blog or news article was posted over a year ago.
- Your website contains immaterial content that doesn’t correspond with your brand.
4) You’re Not Putting Social Media to Good Use
As previously discussed, a majority of people use their smartphones and tablets to access the web. They also spend a LOT of time on social media!
Two reasons why you should be taking advantage of this popular resource:
Social Media Can Help Grow Your Brand
Facebook and Instagram are excellent avenues for sharing more innovative content, advertising your wares, and engaging with customers directly. By linking your social media profiles on your webpage, you can create more traffic to each platform, which is likely to grab customers’ attention more effectively.
Consumers Prefer Brands That Are Active on Social Media
Making personal connections with customers online helps create loyal customers and generate better feedback. Plus, it’s a surefire way to identify what your customers are looking for – this, in turn, can help you answer their questions and make informative content that they want to interact with.
Your Professional Website Redesign Is Only A Phone Call Away!
At HighClick Media, our professional web designers are experts in website redesign! We love solving hard problems with creative solutions! Our website redesign process integrates marketing, design, technology, and digital strategy, to give you the best product possible. We believe that great design inspires website visitors to take action and to take notice of your company. Partnering with us as your web design agency ensures you that you are receiving the most comprehensive web design strategy possible. Give us a call today at 252.814.2150 to schedule a consultation with our web design team!
4 Essential Digital Marketing Elements That Your Business Needs 1. Branding: This is so important because it shows your customers how you’re going to accommodate