Do I Need a Business Website in 2023?
I find it baffling how many businesses do not have a website in 2023. Whether it’s a simple splash page or an elaborate, feature-filled site and a blog, your business needs a professional website. Business owners have a lot of reasons for not having a business website. Most often, I hear the following:
- I just can’t afford a website right now.
- I have a Facebook business page, so I don’t need a website.
- I don’t have the time or skill to invest in a website.
According to a recent article from Business Know-How, one of the top reasons startup businesses fail is that they have no online presence.
If your business is not on the Internet, then your business will be out of business.
~ Bill Gates
Do You Need a Dedicated Business Website? Yes! Here’s Why.
1. Your Customers Expect You to Be Online
This fact alone is reason enough for you to create a website. 60% of consumers perform a local search on a search engine like Google to find the products and services they need before ever stepping foot into a store.
If you don’t have a business website, how will these consumers find you in a Google search? How will you get any new business? The only thing worse than not being found by a potential customer is when that potential customer finds your competitor instead.
And your customers have high standards. They have no desire to visit your single-page website that hasn’t been updated since 2004. Here are a few things consumers are looking for in a business website:
- 52.2% of online traffic was generated through mobile devices in 2018. (Statista)
- 53% of mobile websites are abandoned by the visitor if the site takes longer than three seconds to load. (Google, 2018)
- 85% of consumers think that a company’s mobile website should look as good or better than the desktop site. (Sweor)
- 38% of consumers will stop engaging with a website if the design is unattractive. (Hubspot)
- 75% of consumers judge a company’s credibility based on its website’s overall design. (Invision)
- 88% of consumers say they won’t return to a website after a bad user experience.
- Upon visiting the homepage of your site, 86% of consumers want to see product and service information, 64% expect to see contact information, and 52% want to know more about your business.
You don’t need anything complicated. You don’t need to overthink it. You just need a few pages with basic, up-to-date information that your audience is looking for.
2. You Can Control the Narrative
The increasingly advanced features on social media platforms are prompting many business owners to utilize a Facebook business page as their primary online presence. In all fairness, social media does make it easy to connect with prospects, and Facebook now has 80 million business pages across the platform.
Reviews and comments on social media feel great, but you can’t control what others say. Shouldn’t you have control over the stories being told about you? A business website serves as an official online presence so that you can share your real story instead of depending on others to speak for you.
3. Other Reasons You Need a Business Website, Not Just a Facebook Page
You Have Control Over the Overall Experience
A professionally designed business website is the place for you to share your company culture, values, and services. A website can be customized, whereas Facebook only allows you to swap out your profile and cover photo. You can have the most amazing cover photo in the world, but when all is said and done, a Facebook page looks and operates like a Facebook page.
You Make the Rules
If you’re using a social media platform as your primary online presence, you’re at the mercy of that social media platform. Algorithms and rules change constantly and unpredictably. Just a few months ago, Facebook changed its algorithm to prioritize posts from friends over posts from businesses in user feeds. When you have a website, you control the content and the message.
My suggestion? Don’t choose one over the other. If you want to thrive, you’ll have a business website AND social media platforms that work together. Use your Facebook business page to build relationships with your target audience, and then convert them to website visitors, which you can then nurture into loyal customers.
It’s Not That Hard, and It’s Not That Expensive.
You don’t need to be a tech guru to get and maintain a business website. Most digital marketing agencies offer basic, budget-friendly, starter websites. HighClick Media even offers training for business owners who want to learn to make updates to their sites at their leisure.
Change Your Mindset
When you spend marketing dollars on a professional website design, you’re not getting a disposable product in return. A website is a gift that keeps on giving. A strategically designed, well-optimized business website offers a better return on investment than any other form of advertising. With a website, your business can be discovered online by your target audience 24/7.
Why Should You Consider HighClick Media to Design Your Business Website?
- We take time to fully understand your business goals and customer needs. We analyze your industry and competitors to ensure your website meets your specific needs.
- We’re your partner, so we’ll advise you along the way.
- Your new website will act as a new salesperson.
- We’ll support you. Even after your website goes live, we’re here to answer any questions you may have.
- We’ll teach you. If you want full control of your website, we’ll train you on how to make certain changes and updates yourself.
- Our website builders keep search engine optimization in mind.
- We regularly update the client during the web design process.
Need Help Creating Your Business Website?
The current economy is unpredictable, and savvy business owners are looking for ways to stay afloat and sustain their success. One way you can do
Why Having a Mobile-Friendly Website Is a Necessity Suppose I told you that seven out of 10 prospects and customers in your field can’t find